Here you can find all currently available employment and job opportunities offered by Bush Order Provisions. Only opportunities currently available will be listed below. To apply please fill out the form below or email your resume and a cover letter or something fun to email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest.
Current Empyment Opportunties
Bush Order Provisions Ltd. is hiring a full-time sourdough bread baker.
We are looking for an individual passionate about naturally-leavened breads with a keen interest in being a part of a small family-run business. We have a strong commitment to the success of the business and to the physical, social health and wellness of our community. Our operation encompasses a wholesale bakery, a once-a-week Farm Store, and an abundant market garden where local fruit and vegetables are sold alongside our baked goods, or incorporated into them.
We are looking for a full-time individual to execute the regular production of our primary bread products on a weekly basis. The position requires a commitment of four (4) 10-hour a day shifts from approximately 6:00 am to 4:00 pm.
We strive to offer a healthy and friendly work environment. During periods this position will require working alone and unsupervised, while at other times work with a small team of people. The goal is a collaborative space where all members of the team offer each other a helping hand where needed.
As a sourdough baker of primary baked products, you will be responsible for following set recipes and procedures, sourdough starter management, scaling, mixing, kneading, shaping, scoring and baking various styles of breads. You will also be involved in ingredients and supply inventory management, packaging, cleaning, and operating bakery equipment in a safe manner. You will assist in maintaining all quality, cleanliness and merchandising standards. Experience with a liquid sourdough starter is preferred.
Tasks that you can be expected to perform. More detail will be provided to candidates selected for an interview.
- Mixing daily dough for next day’s bake;
- Baking previous day’s cold-proofed dough;
- Working with deck oven and convection oven
- Baking variety of artisan loaves, sandwich bread, bagels, focaccia, pizza, etc.;
- Managing Bulk Fermentation;
- Dividing and shaping dough;
- Proofing at room temperature;
- Carrying out cold proofing;
- Packaging and labelling daily orders;
- Maintaining liquid sourdough starter;
- Weighing out next day’s flour;
- Ensuring cleanliness of kitchen space and equipment on a daily basis.
- Understanding or willingness to understand baker’s percentage;
- Understanding of sourdough culture;
- Willingness to adapt production based on varying factors (ie. in-season produce/herbs)
- Familiarity with a variety of flours will be considered an asset;
- Ability to lift 20kg comfortably;
- Ability to be on your feet for long hours at a time;
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks daily;
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Minimum 1-year professional scratch baking experience preferred. Willing to train the right candidate.
- 4-day/week shift
- 6:00 am to 4:00 pm approximately
- 10-hour days
- Full-time hours: 40 per week
- $22-27/hour depending on expereince with opportunity for raise depending on job performance.
Please include a resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself! We will only contact those selected for an interview
Bush Order Provisions is looking to add bakery support staff to its team. The support staff position will assist in many aspects of the operation of a multi-day wholesale sourdough bakery, retail take-out lunch service, and Saturday retail store.
The bakery support staff position will contribute, but not be limited to the following operational requirements; prepare ingredients for baked products, pizza, cookie and cream cheese production; bag and label baked goods; generally support the operation and provide customer service for the retail lunch service and Saturday retail store, and head kitchen cleaning tasks.
The support staff position will provide, for the right candidate, the opportunity to learn and advance in the bakery business receiving training in mixing, dividing, shaping and baking different sourdough-based bread. Initial advancement would target a secondary baker position.
It is preferred, though not necessary, that candidates be familiar with working in a retail/commercial kitchen or bakery, have kitchen cleaning experience or knowledge, and be comfortable with customer service responsibilities and point of sale systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
Bakery/Kitchen Support (+/- 30hrs/week)
- Prepare secondary products:
- Cookies & Ingredients
- Cream Cheese & Ingredients;
- Prep dough inclusions and pizza ingredients for baker(s);
- Prepare and weigh flour for bakers;
- Heat and serve pizza for lunch service;
- Bag and label bread products;
- Manage Sanitary Program:
- Wipe and sanitize all surfaces;
- Clean and sanitize all mixing equipment;
- Sweep and mop floors daily;
- Help clean staff bathroom;
- Communicate inventory levels on an ongoing basis.
Retail Duties (+/- 7.5hrs/week)
- Open retail store;
- Serve Customers;
- Operate Point of Sale System.
- Applicants must live or be willing to relocate to Yellowknife, NT.
- Applicants must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 Virus.
- Applicants must be able to work Saturdays.
- Ability to lift up to 20kg comfortably.
- Ability to be on your feet for long hours at a time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Day shift
- Full-time hours: 30 – 37.5 hours per week
This position may be split into a weekday shift and weekend shift for the right candidates.
- $18.50-21.50/hour depending on expereince with opportunity for raise depending on job performance.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below and include a resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself! We will respectfully only contact those selected for an interview
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.