Here you can find all currently available employment and job opportunities offered by Bush Order Provisions. Only opportunities currently available will be listed below. To apply please fill out the form below.
We thank you for your interest.
Current Employment Opportunities
Market Garden & Microgreen Assistant
Bush Order Provisions Ltd. is hiring for a Market Garden & Microgreen Assistant through the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) Canada Summer Student Program.
The Market Garden Assistant will help with all aspects of vegetable and fruit production, sales (onsite Farm Store and YK Farmers Market) and provide some kitchen assistance. The following are the main areas of work and in any given week, you can expect to rotate through these areas of work.
Field tasks: Help with a wide range of field tasks related to the growing and maintenance of our crops. Planting, seeding, weeding, pruning, trellising, field prep; setting up field materials or infrastructure; and cleaning and organisational tasks. Assist in maintaining our compost program.
Harvesting: Help harvest vegetables for our weekly Saturday Farm Store and/or Farmers Market. Tasks include harvesting, weighing, washing, packaging and labelling vegetables.
Microgreens: Weekly seeding, watering, and harvesting of a variety of microgreen crops.
Kitchen assistance: Providing assistance with product creation, managing ingredients, packaging and labeling.
Planning, administration, communications: Depending on your skill-sets and interests, you can be involved with a range of administrative tasks to help us with our weekly planning. Tasks may include data entry, social media, and community outreach.
Other Job Criteria
Tasks that you can be expected to perform. More detail will be provided to candidates selected for an interview.
- Self motivated, team player with a positive attitude.
- Work days begin as early as 7:30 am.
- Best suited for those who enjoy working outside rain or shine.
- Ability to be on your feet for long hours at a time;
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Ability to lift 20 to 30 lbs regularly is helpful.
- Have previous gardening/agriculture experience, but not required
- Have previous commercial kitchen experience, but not required
- Transportation to the job site may be available. Please indicate in your application if you have transportation needs.
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: September 10th, 2022 – October 10th, 2022
Location: Bush Order Provisions, 180 Enterprise Drive, Yellowknife NT
- 15-20 hours per week to 30-37.5 hours per week. Part-time and full-time hours are available depending on the interest, and availability of the applicant.
- Tuesday to Saturday or Monday to Friday
- Early mornings are a must.
Youth Employment and Skills Program Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for this Canada Summer Student – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) position, the applicant must be:
- Aged 15 to 30 years old;
- Unemployed, student, or underemployed;
- A Canadian Citizen or permanent resident; and
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations (have valid social insurance number).
Please include a resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself! We will only contact those selected for an interview
Applications accepted until 5:00 pm on May 30th, 2022.
Please send applications by filling out the form below and include a resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself! We will respectfully only contact those selected for an interview